Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finally...Grass!!!

It took us all summer to get our sprinkler system in and grass planted. Dan did all the work himself and did a great job. We had 9 zones and 50 sprinkler heads. We got nice tans though out in the dirt digging holes all summer!








It's hard to believe that this tiny branch will be a huge Willow tree in about 5 years, but its true. We planted them all around which was a total of about 55 trees so hopefully in about 3 years we will have some nice shade and blockage from the wind!










The little flags are our under wire fence for our dog. We are training him so once he is trained the flags will go.






4 comments:

valerie said...

all that yard...how NICE and FUN!!!
and now with grass, even better!
Its so hard to get all those extras in with a new house, but so nice once its all done! But I must say I am impressed by how quickly you are getting thingd accomplished, usually takes people forever to get the grass in!

Malissa said...

Wow your house and yard are beautiful! Josh would be jealous of all that land you have. And 55 trees! How cool is that. I'd be happy for a couple trees in our backyard... it's too hot to even hang out back there!

Laura Barrett said...

Cute place you guys have! I'm jealous:) your yard looks beautiful! Good luck with all your little rodents, ew thats just gross, I'm sorry.

hilla said...

55 willow trees! that is a ton! how big is your yard? and could you send your husband over to my house now to plant my grass and install my sprinkler system? thanks. hahaha