Is summer over already? I feel this summer flew by. Nahkia started first grade this year and is loving every minute of it. She enjoys school so much and she loves her teacher. We put her in public school this year because we moved into a really good school district. She went to a private Christian School the past two years, which she really enjoyed as well. She has about 22 classmates compared to about 10 she had before. So it is a little bit of a change and a much larger school. We were worried that she might be a little scared and shy but when I picked her up she had so many stories to tell me. So we sat down and had a snack while I listen to her talk about her teacher and classmates. She was so worried that this school wouldn't have recess like the other one and she said, "mom we got to go out 3 times, 3 times mom!" So its looking like a good start to an exciting new school year.
17 years ago



3 comments:
I love it! Like I told Eden, I am so happy that I am not the only one out of us girls who has a child old enough to be in 1st grade. It still bafels me that time has gone by that fast.
Nahkia is so beautiful, she looks just like her mama!!!
Wow - first grade! I've been stressing about my oldest starting preschool! :-) She is gorgeous! You have such an adorable little family!
I'm so glad that she was thrilled on her first day of school...recess in my opinion is the MOST important of all subjects at school...oops...not a suject...most important part of the day! It is nice not to be the only one with a 1st grader...the shock of it all wears off a little when I see my mommy friends sending their first graders off to school too! I swear I'm still about 20! Do I really have an almost 7 year old? YOWZA! At least WE are in it together...you, me and Val...the oldies with the first graders! Yeah BABY!!
Post a Comment